FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts
Old May 27, 2014, 7:23 pm
beltway

Originally Posted by foobart
Is it possible to change the statement closing date (pull it in so bonus miles can post faster)? I know Chase offers this as a feature online, but wanted to see if people here have reported doing so..

I'm traveling in less than 3 weeks. Applied today and got approved, called in and they expedited delivery. After I receive it I will try to charge $1000 right away. I want the statement to close in a couple of days after that so there's a chance of points posting before I travel. On my account statement closing date is listed as June 14, maybe I can move it up to June 4 or so..
Numerous anecdotal reports for various Chase cards suggest that this approach will usually backfire & extend the first billing cycle -- in this case, to July 4 rather than June 4. If you have nothing to lose, go ahead, but be aware that there have been few (or perhaps no) reported cases of reducing the first cycle in the manner proposed.

YMMV.