FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]
Old May 26, 2014, 6:17 am
janetdoe

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Neither can anyone say what will happen with the DOT. It's ridiculous to say whether I'm right or wrong here when I don't have the time to post in entirety what happened.

All I wanted was to warn people who have such tickets (and I've been reached by several who do have these types of tickets). If this is the response that I'm getting, I might as well not have posted here.

Obviously I don't want any of the current good lifemiles awards to be removed. That was never my intention.
Originally Posted by yerffej201
what did i think was going to happen? that guam would be fixed, hopefully eva only.
Please don't feed the troll or his blog. The best thing we can do is make sure his blog gets zero views, his posts get zero responses. I'm adding him to my ignore list. I encourage everyone to do the same: Click on the arrow in the post I quoted to go to that post, then click on his username, and one of the options will be to add him to your ignore list.

Take some action besides grumbling and moaning and giving this twit attention. Here are some options off the top of my head:

1. The Flyertalk T&Cs state that
Unless expressly permitted by supplemental terms, our sites and services are intended for general audiences 18 years of age and older, and access or use by anyone younger is not authorized.
Ask SanDiego1K why someone who is so obviously out of his league, and acknowledged to be underage, has been allowed on FT for so long? (Since 2011) As I understand it, the two people traveling on his tickets were he and his mommy, since he is too young to travel alone. What are the appropriate sanctions for people who violate the T&C on Flyertalk?

2. Communicate with the Boarding Area bloggers you support or read, and tell them that you are boycotting their blog until Canadian Kilometers is discontinued. And then actually follow through and don't read any of their blogs. This is a serious issue, and any blogger that doesn't take a strong stance against such destructive behavior is a blogger that you shouldn't support with page views, much less using their affiliate links.

3. Contact Boarding Area. http://boardingarea.com/about-us/ Ask Randy Petersen why BoardingArea condones this behavior.

Last edited by janetdoe; May 26, 2014 at 6:33 am