FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Hotel Som- Barcelona
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2014, 11:33 am
bdschobel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I am staying one night (tonight) at the AC Hotel Som. All of the previous comments are still accurate. Free wifi, no free breakfast, no lounge. Staff are very nice and managed to extract funds from my Marriott Vacation Card, which many hotels fail to do successfully.

The hotel is a little off the beaten path, but I'm basically just transiting here -- flying out of BCN tomorrow morning. I thought that the airport was a bit closer to the hotel than it is: 9.5 km (about 6 miles). Taxis will rip you off, and trains are possible but require some complicated connections. Best bet is the #46 local airport bus, which runs right by the hotel and has a stop maybe 100 meters away. I used that bus when I arrived in BCN 9 days ago, and I plan to use it again tomorrow morning for about 1 Euro (with a 10-trip ticket).

I'm really not complaining about anything because I got a 76.50-Euro rate (85.14 Euros with taxes) for my one night here. Pretty good bargain. I'll eat breakfast at the airport lounge!

Bruce