FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at IAH [ARCHIVE]
Old May 22, 2014, 10:03 pm
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by zoegksf
Not on UA I wouldn't. I always add 2+ hours. Of my to date 20 segments this year (about half what it was this time last year-hello AA) only one has been on time, ironically SFO-LAX.
While my track record has been a bit better than yours, it's funny that I used to use the 2-hour rule back when I used to fly CO, and didn't have it on UA, because CO was so bad at IRROPS handling -- not only was their ON TIME worse, but when there was a problem, they were so bad about handling it.

Now I use much the same rule on UA. I want 2 hours (give or take), or I'm not comfortable.

Meanwhile, I just booked a pair of 45-minute connections on DL, and didn't think twice about it.

btw, with your track record flying UA, maybe you could take advantage of https://www.bhtp.com/travel-protection/aircare -- $500 cash if you misconnect. I have a feeling they'll be upping the premium for UA flights in the future.