FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oz Fest #11. "The Red Centre" Australia. Memorial Day Weekend, May 23-25, 2014
Old May 15, 2014, 11:51 am
ozflygirl747

Programs: QF
Arrow Airport transfer Fri 23 May to Double Tree

There's a 42 seater coach so plenty of room for everyone. QF796 from MEL arrives first at 1110, then QF723 from ADL at 1200 & QF790 from SYD at 1220.

Just use this link which was the same one you used to pay for the other activities & select the airport transfer option for AUD9.70 plus the $0.30c booking fee charged by the trybooking site.

http://www.trybooking.com/Booking/Bo...aspx?eid=83485

Originally Posted by chchkiwi
If you still have room, could you please sign me up. My flight from MEL arrives about an hour before the "party" flight from SYD and I'm happy to hang around the airport until you all arrive. Thanks!
Noted Chchkiwi. There's a café there with plenty of power points if you need to charge your appliances while you're waiting but the free Wi-Fi is a bit hit & miss.

Originally Posted by falconea
I'm of the view that having the OzFest bus deliver us direct from Airport to Doubletree is the most efficient way of going about this but this wasn't available so Fredd and fifa arranged a group booking.

I'd suggest communication between Ozbeachbabe and fifa and try to get it all onto just the one bus....

Does anyone know if there's any chance of checking in at Doubletree? I fear not. What do we do with our bags if not?

Audrey
That's the plan Stan! We'll head from the airport to the Double Tree so people can checkin & drop their luggage in their room. If the rooms aren't ready concierge can store the luggage until we return from dinner.

Originally Posted by JessicaTam
Me too please fifa! I get in at 1200 on QF723. (PM sent).
Sorted Jess.

Originally Posted by penegal
I definitely need a seat from ASP (QF 790) to the Doubletree to meet up with the big bus on Friday lunchtime (also staying at the DT). I will be travelling light, so don't care too much about being first in line to check in.
You're on the list too Penegal.

Originally Posted by Efrem
Please sign me up for this also. I'm arriving on QF 796 from MEL a bit earlier, but this is worth hanging around for - especially since there will be at least one other OzFest participant doing the same, possibly more.
You're signed up Efrem.

Originally Posted by Fredd
It's not all that confusing. Having learned that a) there are no fewer than a dozen of us arriving on the same flight and b) as of late April it was understandably unmanageable for our hard-working volunteer organizers to arrange transfers, I decided to send some PMs to our QF790 fellow pax and before long we had a bus arranged, fifa having negotiated a $10 pp rate. ^

In retrospect I was remiss in not posting this back to the entire group but my intent was not to clutter the thread with minutiae about our specific transfer arrangements.

I hope the coach company acknowledges the double booking so that nobody is out of pocket. The good news is that as long as QF790 is on time those of us arriving May 23 won't be delaying the afternoon's schedule.

Thanks again to ozbeachbabe for attending to this in the middle of everything else. ^
Thanks Fredd - everything is sorted & there are no cancellation fees on Fifa's booking. I have been in touch with her via pm & she'll cancel her booking direct with Alice Wanderer Tours who confirmed there are no cancellation penalties as payment was going to be made on 23 May.

CDKing they will also refund in full the booking you made direct with them so you can pay via Ozfest link:

http://www.trybooking.com/Booking/Bo...aspx?eid=83485