FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rimowa Salsa lock stopped working!
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2014, 9:48 pm
simonster66

Originally Posted by ShopAround
I would not assume that. When the tag broke on my 29" Salsa, I took it to Hides In Shape, listed on the Rimowa website as one of their repair shops. I had to leave it there and it was over a week before they called to say I could come pick it up. They were very nice and there was no charge, but it wasn't done on the spot in five minutes.
What?? It took an authorized dealer over a week for to replace a tag on your suitcase? That is nothing short of terrible service! I would have reported that to Rimowa directly. That's a 5-minute job at most.

I've had the entire lock and both zippers tags replaced on my Rimowa suitcase by Hunt Leather, an authorized retailer in Sydney - it took only 15 minutes, proving the actual lock replacement procedure is very quick.

In any case the point of my original post (above) is - if the lock on your Rimowa Salsa suitcase is stuck, and you have zipper tags that are metal or plastic connecting to the lock, then you don't need to panic. The quick work around is to cut the tags if they are plastic, or remove with pliers if they are metal - and get them replaced later at no cost. The locks on the Rimowa suitcases that have the plastic tags are not secure anyway - the fact that you can even cut the tags with a pair of house-hold pliers proves that point.

EDIT: the only suitcases in the Rimowa range that are even close to being secure, are their aluminium products such as the Pilot and Topas.

Last edited by simonster66; May 10, 2014 at 10:52 pm