FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Account audit / fraud issues - Busted selling miles / SWU / VIP, etc (consol
Old May 9, 2014, 6:14 pm
hiltonlondon2009

Programs: Too Many to Count
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Any interest (and all will 100% understand if not) in sharing what it is they say ya did or how you believe you ended up in the situation?
Sure. The process was fairly painless and handled very professionally by AA. I had no idea who actually investigated my account during the 3-day investigation. There was a name signed at the bottom of the email, but I am 1000% sure it was simply a pseudonym.

My penalty was a little under 6 figures in miles (that total represents around 10% of my total mileage balance) and a few SWUs. I'm still EXP. This penalty was for 8 illegal transactions. It was a VERY fair deal for me. They could have taken much, much more and I would have understood.

All in all, I'm pleased at how well AA handled it. I'm going to continue to be a loyal AA member. And will only gift (not "gift") miles and SWUs in the future, never barter or sell them.

And even if CC ever comes back (I don't think it should), I'll never go back there. I was 24 when I first started selling because I wanted to buy a used car for my parents (I did, BTW). And I used that rationale to justify subsequent illegal transactions. I was able to purchase trips for my parents / help them out with the cash I got from selling.

If anyone from FT is listening, PLEASE DO NOT BRING BACK CC