FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old May 7, 2014, 9:29 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by y00y
My wife called recon line and eventually was given a too many inquiries reason for denial (had only 2 HP when applied!! and 740+ score!)...

Also, i'm curious if they take 'notes' for each call, wondering if a 3rd recon attempt in a day or two is a smart option or risk negative notes?

Appreciate any feedback. TIA.
Firstly, never ever believe anything a Citi CSR says during a Recon call. It is clearly stated in the Wiki that Citi CSRs are clueless. When they don't know the correct answer, which they usually don't, they make up plausible reasons. Plausible to them, that is, not plausible to anyone who has been reading this thread for awhile.

2 HPs is not enough for a denial. That doesn't come into play until you have at least 6, and can easily go twice that or more with extensive credit history with Citi.

System denial simply means the computer has issued a denial for some reason that the CSR cannot override. Perhaps 3 apps within 65 days, or something else that is a denial for everyone every time.

As for "notes", I have no idea, but there are numerous data points of folks calling back after at least 2 previous Recon calls and then getting approved. Make a minimum of 3 attempts.