FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] US: LAX-TLV €339.06 on Wideroe (not ticketing)
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:33 pm
jfkeze

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by hilbc
I got a pair booked last nite for september. did not ticket, got the email overnight.

As far a filing a claim, could someone provide more tips on that, i havent found anything in my searches here, any main points to include?

http://www.dot.gov/airconsumer/file-consumer-complaint
Here is the link: http://www.dot.gov/airconsumer/file-consumer-complaint

You can use this a template guideline, modify at will and fill in the blanks

To Whom It May Concern:
I wish to file a complaint against ABC and DCE for cancelling my reservation from YYY-ZZZ on travel date XX/XX/XXXX return on XX/XX/XXXX.

I purchased this ticket using (Credit Card/Debit Card/Dollar Coins ) on XX/XX/XXXX at XX:XX am/pm. at YY:YY am/pm on YY/YY/YYYY I received a confirmation email for my purchase with Eticket/Confirmation number/etc XXXXXX.

Shortly after, I received an email from ABC stating that my ticket was cancelled due to a mistake. As this ticket originates in the USA, I believe that it is covered by 49 U.S.C. 41712 § 399.88(a) Prohibition on post-purchase price increase. (“Therefore, if a consumer purchases a fare and that consumer receives confirmation (such as a confirmation email and/or the purchase appears on their credit card statement or online account summary) of their purchase, then the seller of air transportation cannot increase the price of that air transportation to that consumer, even when the fare is a “mistake.”)

Since my Eticket/Confirmation number/etc XXXXXX was issued by ABC/DCE at YY:YY am/pm on YY/YY/YYYY, I believe I have a valid ticket for transportation between YYY-ZZZ on travel date XX/XX/XXXX return on YY/YY/YYYY.

I wish that the DoT investigate this violation of 399.88(a).

Best regards,
An experienced traveler of international airfares