FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:18 am
iFlip23

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

What is your Priorityclub status?

Gold Elite

Were you happy with the hotel / stay?

Yes. I stayed at this Hotel once before and found it sub standard. This time I noticed a marked improvement in the service I received, especially at check-in.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked a Standard Double Room and received an upgrade to a Club Room with Club Lounge access.

How are the rooms?

I thought the room was a little outdated if I am honest. Neutral colours. Large comfy bed and spacious room but the decor could probably do with a touch of modernisation. The room had very large windows that offered a nice view of the carpark and of the planes landing and taking off.
The Bathroom felt small and pokey, and smelt as if it hadn't had a good clean in a while. The quality of the amenities were excellent.

How is the Club Lounge?

Again, I felt the Club Lounge was a little outdated (probably subconciously comparing it to the CP Manchester City Centre).
Canapés were served whilst we were in there but we didn't indulge. Alcohol on offer was extensive and my friend and I enjoyed a few bottles of a reputable American brand of lager.

What was good/bad?

Good:-

* Gold Elite recognition
* Club Room upgrade
* Club Lounge Access
* Complimentary WIFI
* Automatic accreditation of bonus points for staying (no 400 point voucher)

Bad :-

The smell in the bathroom was a little nauseating, but on the whole not that big of a deal.

Value for £ / Would you return?

For the price I paid, I would recommend. I would definitely return having had such a better experience than the last time I was at this Hotel. The check-in staff were so much more attentive and I actually felt they cared about what I wanted, as opposed to the last time I stayed.