FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:25 am
FFlash

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Crowne Plaza Berlin City Centre

What is your Priority Club status?
Club

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
No (you may compare to a positive experience here)

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a lowest category, reveived the same on 2nd floor facing ugly view. Received some 15-20% discount coupons this and that, I could not care less.

How are the rooms?
The rooms are small, worn (as in it had an old feeling to it; colors, furniture), but adequate. Did not include free internet (not yet the case for Elite members, only Gold&Platinum I was told)

How is the exec. lounge?
Hotel has no exec. lounge to my knowledge

What was good
Location, easy to get to airport and the area around.

What was bad?
Old ugly rooms. Service. My room was smelling slightly tobacco, so I asked if it really was a non-smoking. Yes (they did not bother have someone check if there was smell). It was also advertised during booking that WIFI is free for elite, but it was not. I complained during checkout and the lady completely ignored. Intervened the manager, asked what is wrong and handled my disappointment professionally, waived the WIFI fee ^

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I could come back given the location and constant low prices on this property, but I would book a better room next time. Now paying some 80€ it was not that bad.