FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - View from the Wing [VFTW] discussions
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:15 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by gleff
I sat there while Seth registered "milestalk.com" himself. (I didn't try to shut down any such conversations as I tend to keep my own counsel, other than pointing out that it could equally be read as "Mile Stalk" which isn't very good.)
And you thought YOU were bad at naming things!!

At that time all I was interested in was picking up the pieces from Randy's announcement at the moderator meeting in Seattle the week before that he would no longer have a day to day role at Flyertalk
I recall that meeting well. It was a normal, excellent meeting until the end when Randy dropped that bomb. I would have felt a lot better about everything had I known that SanDiego1K would do the job better than it had ever been done before.

The one aspect I still don't understand is why anyone thought that FlyerTalk was so deficient that another IBB on the same subject was needed. I suppose that it was just love of the subject clouding people's judgment. OTOH Gary and Randy have given us some truly outstanding blogs, and I participate there regularly.