FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Over water bungalow ideas for honeymoon
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:54 pm
DC777Fan

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
LOTS of great advice here, though I'll differ with #1: OWBs really are fantastic.

Only thing I'd add is check the monthly weather (especially precipitation) for any places you'd consider going. You don't want your honeymoon to be in the middle of a rainy season. Here's one of several good sites that provide such info: http://www.worldclimateguide.co.uk/

Happy trails!
I agree lots of good advice--except the part about exchanging 20k SPG points for 50k HH points... That's not an exchange I would ever make.

And the Conrad Maldives was very overrated in our experience... even with the over water upgrade. Service was extremely spotty, food was meh, and the price of everything was absolutely obscene. I get that it's a remote island, but not remote enough to charge $35+ for meat-less soup--it's not on the int'l space station. Yes, the setting was absolutely outerworldly gorgeous, but we probably wouldn't go back.

You want an amazing way to spend a boat load of SPG points? Go to St. Regis Bali. I can't wait to go back...