FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - View from the Wing [VFTW] discussions
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:18 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Wow, I was just misunderstood (and I helped you misunderstand me).

Or, the disadvantages of internet reporting, especially when unlike newspapers, you're the one in charge of writing the headlines--that led people to misunderstand (?) the point you were really trying to make.

Despite my criticism in this thread, I like VFTW, but this is now just backing and filling as a result of being way behind the curve on this story. And, no real reason to be behind it, because as we all expected, there would be some changes in the AA program as Parker and the gang moved in, but the real story here was that given the expectation of changes, the changes were dropped with no real notice.
Well, at least he HEARD the reaction to his post. Some bloggers simply delete criticism and/or ignore this forum. So I give him credit for reading and reacting.

I do still believe that anyone who thinks Gary, all bloggers or even all of us FTs/very frequent flyers have any influence or say over the future of these programs is being hopelessly naive.

That goes for Gary's effort to 'use the carrot approach' every bit as much as those who are criticizing Gary today for making predictions about future devaluations because he is 'setting the bar' for 'acceptable' devaluations.

Jeff Smisek nor Doug Parker give a rat's arse what Gary thinks, I think or you think. They care about monetizing you and me and every other customer to the maximum extent possible. Whether you are a 2 MM top tier elite or a kayak kettle, their ONLY priority is: how can I get one more dollar out of you.

Here is all you need to know about the current state of points and miles programs: if you've got 'em, burn 'em. It's only going to be downhill from here.