FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:17 am
Retron

Holiday Inn Express - Lisbon Airport

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes - it was okay.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 2x standard rooms, received the same. They weren't next to each other despite being booked a couple of months in advance.

Upon checkin there was an offer of a 300 point voucher or a free snack and drink at the bar. This time I took the drink/snack offer - a can of Coke Zero and a cheese roll, which would have cost around €6 to buy.

- How are the rooms?
Modern and reasonably large, albeit smaller than either of the Holiday Inns I've stayed at recently (Reading-West, Lisbon-Continental and Porto-Gaia). Two wall-mounted squeezy tubes of universal hand wash/shower gel/shampoo are provided in the room.

The TV accepts an HDMI input but because a network-connected box is used to generate the TV signal (connected to one of the SCART sockets) you can't switch to an HDMI input. There are no physical controls on the TV and the remote is a custom one with minimal buttons. I was planning to hook my laptop up and watch some Family Guy but I ended up watching a couple of episodes on the laptop itself.

The hotel has a restaurant and provides both a small "a la carte" and fixed menu from 7PM to 10PM.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good:
More features than I'd expected for a HIE - including a bar and restaurant
Excellent position for the airport, one motorway junction away (5 minutes or so by car).

Bad:
Noisy doors and the doors didn't go all the way to the floor - there was a small gap which meant I could hear a group of people outside my door clearly yacking away at half one in the morning. Not exactly relaxing!

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Reasonable value for money. If I was in the area yes, I would return, but I'd probably book the next room up in the hope of escaping noisy neighbours!