FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How can I afford to travel and how much money I earn from Travel Blogging
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:58 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
Originally Posted by Philatravelgirl
Go to a TBEX or one if the many other "travel blogging" conferences and you meet lots of bloggers living on the road full time or traveling on press and sponsored trips (I don't agree you should take a free trip to somewhere you wouldn't stay normally but that's just me) - the points travel group is a small subset of blogs represented there.
I started my blog (philatravelgirl.com) to write about the actual travel experience once I burned miles in J to safari, Easter island and RTW that I didn't see on BA or for that matter when researching solo travel - I'm making no money from it and while I have a few ideas long term I'm just trying to build readership and travel vendor /PR contacts.
Nice attitude! And a fun blog...as good a trip report as the rest.

BTW, don't feel bad, I fell victim to the weekend LH CDG strike debacle over, appropriately, Thanksgiving weekend myself last fall. Turned our CDG-MUC-IAD into a CDG-FRA (because, randomly, THAT flight was not part of the CDG strike )-MUC-IAD.

And, fwiw, I have always said CDG pat-downs make TSA 'back of hand' crotch checks seem downright G-rated. ^