FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:54 pm
Aeran

Programs: HHonors Gold; Accor Plat; SQ/TG
Originally Posted by hclee01
Just checking if anyone has been tracking their UNI$ earned on UOB cards lately? I just discovered that for transactions posted around 20 March 2014 onwards, it is back to the "Round down to the nearest S$5" for purpose of awarding UNI$. As such, any transactions below S$5 do not earn any UNI$. Anyone has such experience? Thanks.
It seems that the rounding has indeed changed in the last week or two. I've had to round my transactions since March 18, 2014 DOWN to the nearest $5 to get the UNI$ balance to tally with the website.

The post on HWZ links to the UOB website which shows the (updated?) T&Cs:

You earn UNI$1 for every S$5 retail purchase charged to your UOB Credit Card. UNI$ is calculated based on the value of card transactions effected daily and rounded down to the nearest UNI$. Refunded retail purchases, cash advances, interest charges, balance transfers, late payment charges, finance charges, annual fees and other miscellaneous charges will not be credited with UNI$.

via UOB website @ https://uniservices.uobgroup.com/NAS.../mainFaq.jsp#1
So it seems that they tally up your total miles-earning transactions per day and then round down from there. Still slightly better than rounding each transaction down, but definitely much worse than rounding them all to the nearest $5.