FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Chase Signature Card
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:58 pm
leonard016

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
airfare redemption

A little known feature of Fairmont Rewards is the airfare redemption option. I am copying from the T&C (highlight is mine):

Travel
• You may redeem Fairmont Rewards for available airline tickets and car rentals through our toll-free travel redemption number 1-855-234-2538 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• You will be told the amount of any service fee, if applicable, before you book your airline ticket(s) through our toll-free number.
Redemptions may be made in 1 Fairmont Reward increments for each $0.0100 incremental ticket value. For example, 20,000 Fairmont Rewards can be redeemed for a $200 airline ticket.
• If you want to book a ticket with a value greater than the redemption value of your Fairmont Rewards, the additional amount must be paid for using your Card. Sufficient credit must be available for the transaction to be approved.
In addition, there may be bonus offers for a ticket with a “fixed” value, for a discounted number of Fairmont Rewards, available through our toll-free number, where permitted by law. Redemptions for this specific item have the service fee waived.
If you choose to book a ticket using the “fixed” ticket bonus option, and the actual ticket value is less, the number of Fairmont Rewards needed to redeem remains the same. For example, an offer to redeem 25,000 Fairmont Rewards for one roundtrip scheduled airline ticket valued at up to $335 will still require 25,000 Fairmont Rewards if the ticket you book is valued at $300.
• If you book a ticket with a value greater than the value of the “fixed” ticket, the additional amount must be paid for using your Card and/or additional Fairmont Rewards.
• Standard age, driver and credit rental requirements apply to car rental rewards. Minimum rental age is 25 (exceptions apply).

Normally it is 1 cent per point = the same as the gift card redemption option. However, there is a fixed value option. Chase doesn't make the table (I assume there is a table) public but just say you have to call the toll number. In the example given, you can redeem 25,000 points for up to $355 value and if your ticket is more than $355 you simply pay with your card. The value of a point is 1.42 cents in this example. I haven't called that number but wonder if anyone had experience with this "bonus offer".

Last edited by leonard016; Mar 24, 2014 at 10:20 pm