FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:03 am
aks120
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
IC Paris Le Grand

Intercontinental Paris Le Grand

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel?
Yes.

Which room did you book and what upgrade did you receive?
Club Intercontinental Room. Not really sure what my upgrade was to - seems the Club rooms book into a Standard room and my upgrade was an Executive Room (I think) but it had a fabulous view so I was definitely upgraded - just not sure to what!

How are the rooms?
Nice sized room but the little balcony and view of Eiffel Tower was absolutely marvellous. Real Parisian chic!

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge was beautifully decorated and the staff were very friendly - they remembered my name after 1 conversation - amazing! The evening spread had good canapés, bread & cheese and champagne plus good brand spirits and nice wine. My only comment was the downstairs part felt a little cramped and the upstairs was nice but few chairs for the space. It felt like a living room though so very relaxing.

What was your welcome gift?
Nothing!

Did you receive fruit and water in the room?
No welcome fruits but was told to help myself to the water from the mini-bar which was free.

What was good?
View from room
Friendly staff
Great location

What was bad?
When questioned about the lack of welcome gift and fruit I was told - oh well we will sort it out for next time!

Value for the money? Would you return?
It is quite expensive to stay here but I would say it is definitely worth at least 1 night. I would return if I found it at the right price due to the staff and location.

aks120