FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Account audit / fraud issues - Busted selling miles / SWU / VIP, etc (consol
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:37 am
al613

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
I have opened and closed few Citi AA credit cards for bonuses, but I don't know if it could be a reason for this. I have a ticket on miles for March, 22 on Cathay for a friend.
Originally Posted by al613
Received an email today:
"As an analyst with American Airlines of my responsibilities is investigating possible instances of fraud, misrepresentation, and violations of the General AAdvantage® Program Conditions. Today, I’m writing you about your AAdvantage account # XXXXX

We have reason to believe that mileage points reflected in your account summary violate the AAdvantage program conditions. As a result, American Airlines has suspended your AAdvantage membership privileges and may terminate your account as a result of our findings. We are in the process of completing the investigation into this matter, and I would like to hear the events as they occurred from your perspective. Please respond to this message by Mar 22, 2014 with complete and accurate information regarding the activity listed below:

Please provide proof of purchase and payment for the points earned in your account earned in 2012/2013 to present date associated with your Citi/AAdvantage credit card purchases.

To protect and retain the integrity of the AAdvantage program, it is vital that firm action be taken as a result of any violation of the AAdvantage Program Conditions, whether intentional or not. Failure to respond completely and accurately by March 22, 2014 will result in the termination of your AAdvantage membership and all its benefits, including all remaining AAdvantage miles in your account and any tickets issued from it that have not been used will be cancelled.

We hope to hear from you soon."