FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How can I afford to travel and how much money I earn from Travel Blogging
Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:33 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by sbm12
Or honest about the idiocy of how marketing organizations target their comp'd trips and why trusting what you read about a destination, especially from a press trip, is a questionable move.

I suppose possibly all of the above, too.
I'll be honest: reading through her faux-bohemian snobbery, I found myself thinking that I'd really enjoy staying at the Sea Horse. Enough that I googled the place, anyway. In a way, more so than if she had simply followed the standard travel writer line of pumping the hell out of the place the way P&M bloggers pump the hell out of Chase cards.

So maybe pudgy American co-owner Jennifer, her The Help-loving sister in law Melody and the Tourist Board of the DR are crazy like a fox for inviting pretentious and ungrateful bloggers!

And maybe Sarah there did more harm to the cause of anti-exploitation and neo-colonialism than good with her screed.

In any case, thanks for sharing! It did indeed give some terrific insight into the mind of a travel blogger on the verge of/dipping her toe into 'selling out.'