FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How can I afford to travel and how much money I earn from Travel Blogging
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:28 pm
PWMTrav

Originally Posted by julsdaman
I agree but what content is not being covered that you wish would be covered by a blogger? I feel like there's not much more insight or big news information that isn't being covered out there already so most people are just spinning their own take on a particular news piece or promoting credit cards for referrals. I'd love to hear what you think isn't being covered and that needs to be addressed by a blogger.
The news is being covered, but the actual purpose travel sort of isn't. IMHO, the best blogs are the ones who take their act on the road. I'm interested in the destinations as much (or more) than I am in the credit cards and airlines that get me there. The popular blogs mostly just design content to funnel readers to a credit card app, but I'd hardly call what they do "travel" as much as it is blogging about ways to travel. My exception to that would probably be Lucky, but he never leaves the airport - his content, however, is unique because he invests the time to do way more than post the news.