FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Agent Calls Passenger an Idiot; Wraps Himself in USA Flag, Flicks off Passenger
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:56 am
jkhuggins

Look, the OP's first posting only had the final 17-second video. No need to be snarky about those of us who weren't willing to do the extensive search to find all of the other videos from the same author. (Occasionally, I do have to spend time at my day job.)

So, following the links provided, I read the webpages describing the interactions on all of those other videos. I'll grant that the TSO (and many others) were wrong about the use of video at the checkpoint, and that the passenger was correct about asserting his rights to record at the checkpoint.

I'll also assert that the video creator seemed to be goading the particular TSO, by deliberately coming back to the same TSO over and over again to assert his legal rights. In that context, the TSO's reaction seems pretty subdued.

So ... yes, the videographer was right, and the TSO was wrong. Mea culpa. Now that the schadenfreude is over, what should we discuss next?