FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The BA Compensation Thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:01 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Soozzy
Please can you advise me of my next move after receiving this same response for the second time:
I think your options are:

1) Keep pestering BA to see if they change their mind - unlikely I think, however others have successfully achieved something here.

2) Tell them what compensation you are looking for and give them 10 days notice to pay up (notice before action).

3) Complain to the CAA - unlikely to achieve anything since they aren't really an enforcement body, even though they are supposed to.

4) Initiate Small Claim proceedings now, or after stages 1 and 2. Links are in the bottom of post 1 in this thread. You best read up on both the process and EU261, a lot of it is in this thread, last year's thread, and elsewhere on the World Wide Web.

5) Give up.