FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:15 pm
Ty Webb

Originally Posted by bobert24
This is a two part answer: one for general reference, and one for your exact situation:

For general reference to others reading the thread:
From experience: the rules still apply, even with a mailed offer. That mailed offer was almost certainly mailed out before your previous application, and the list of people for it to be sent to was probably put together weeks or months ago. So yes, you still have to follow the timing rules.

Alos, be sure to read the terms carefully - I almost screwed myself taking advantage of a mailed offer last year, because I assumed that the terms (re: churning) were the same as the ones I found on FT.

For your situation:
You were denied for a Citi card last week. The chances of you being approved for another one this week are very slim. The general advice is to let the 65 day timer reset from the date of that application, and then try again (this is per the wiki in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...e-posting.html).

Did they say why you were denied?
Thanks for your reply.

I was rejected for having too few accounts.

I applied today for the personal card mail offer I received (45k points for 2k spend) and was approved.