FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:02 pm
unmanaged

Looking for FF and Hotel rewards

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
(upgrades on travel, priority services when flying the airline, extra baggage allowance, good award redemption rates, better award access, free - discounted lounge access, etc.)
Reply:good award redemption rates, better award access
(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
(<25000, 25000-50000, >50000 miles - <25, 25-50, >50 flights?)
Reply: <25,000. 2 flights, 4 sectors
(3) What types of fares do you usually buy ?
(First, Business, Premium economy, Economy, cheapest)
Reply: Cheapest
(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
Reply: Pleasure
(5) Which routes do you fly most often
(US Domestic, Transpacific, Kangaroo, in Asia etc)
Reply: Asia
(6) What is your home airport?
(SFO, SCL, London LHR, HKG, Singapore SIN etc.)
Reply: SEA
(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in an airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
(AA Executive Platinum, UA 1K, LAN Comodoro, etc)
Reply:Emirates, I have 28000 miles
(8) Preferred Airlines
Reply:Any

I'm looking for options which would get me good rewards based travel to anywhere in the world. I'm very passionate about travel, been to most of the states in US.

I do fly back home every year on Emirates. I have been flying on emirates as its more convenient. I'm open to changing this for better rewards.

I have been reading about MS lately and can do 3000 to 4000 MS every month.

I don't have any of the high rewarding CCs like SPG or Citi AA. I'm planning to apply based on some guidance.

If my answers are too open ended, I'll be more than happy to get guidance for my next goals. I would love to work towards a trip to Italy/France this year or next year. If I can club that with my yearly trip to India, that would work too.

Thanks for reading.