FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:57 pm
LWT3

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
I had a CitiBusiness 50K card close 2/28. 50k Bonus, plus spend points, posted on my Citi statement but nothing posted on my AA Account for this month or January. Called Citi CS and was told AA has some problem and has not verified ANY AAdvantage numbers for new accounts created after Nov 2013, therefore the miles are "backed up" in the Citi system and cannot post until AA verifies them. However she assured me they are aware of the problem, it is a systemic problem with new accounts, and my miles are all safely being held by Citi until AA verifies the AAdvantage number and I should just wait for now because they are working on getting AA to fix it.

That's what I was told by a nice, seemingly highly competent Citi CS phone rep. Anyone else have any miles post to AA for a CitiBusiness (or just Citi personal) account that was created AFTER Nov 2013?
I think the rep is correct except for one thing: it is only the citi business card for which miles haven't posted.

Data points:

-My wife applied for a citi business in early November. Miles posted on time.
-I applied for a citi business in late November. Miles still haven't posted.

-My wife and I both applied for citi platinum Jan 20 and 21. Miles posted on time.

-I applied for citi executive on 2/8. Miles posted on time.
-My wife applied for citi executive on 2/20, and the first statement hasn't closed yet.

We received all of our miles (actual spend and sign up bonuses) on time except I'm still waiting for my business miles. I called AA about 3-4 weeks ago to report the problem, and the CSR said she would "open a case" and make a notation in my account. I'm still waiting just like everyone else.

I'm tempted to call back, but I'm afraid AA would see the 50K bonus from my platinum app and my 100K bonus from my exec app and either get confused (thinking I've already received my citi business miles) or just scrutinize my AAdvantage account in a way that isn't helpful