FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Practices on Filming TSA (From an Article on TSA Supervisor Prohibiting This)
Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:47 am
ScatterX

Originally Posted by beofotch
FROM: 12-Year TSA Veteran Monroe Caught on Video Prohibiting Legal Filming at Airport Checkpoint; “AskTSA” Stonewalls
Ask Good, Open-Ended Questions. If a TSA agent engages you in a conversation at the checkpoint, ask questions as your responses. For example, if they say “Why are you filming at my checkpoint?”, you could respond with, “To what extent am I allowed to film at a TSA checkpoint, a public place?” or “why do you ask, do you have something to hide?”. Or if you wish to turn their own game back at them, you could say, “I am filming because there have been some safety and security threats at the airport. Your safety is my priority. To what extent are you concerned about these threats?” Once seasoned or confident, you could continue (although no longer open-ended, the effect and irony will be there in the response), “Since there have been reports in the area of thefts of passenger belongings, for your safety and security I’d like to screen you by giving you a pat-down. Do you consent?”
How incredibly stupid. It adds no value but is certainly going to piss off a clerk that will do just about anything to ruin your day, likely with the "interfering with security, because I said so" excuse.