FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:25 pm
FlyinHawaiian
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Hit the lottery Friday night using an expiring suite upgrade. Upon check-in, I was confirmed into a Hudson Suite, but the desk agent asked me to wait while she had housekeeping check the bedding to ensure it was feather-free (as I requested). After a few minutes, I was told that my assigned room had a cigarette smell and they were moving me to an Empire Suite.

Suite 804 is at the end of the hotel, underneath the ballroom on the 9th floor.

The room is HUGE with a small foyer with a closet and large washroom as you enter. You then move into the living area which has a dining room table that seats 10. There's a large seating area with sofas and armchairs as well with a Bose surround sound system. There's also a small kitchen with a microwave, mini-fridge, and wine rack on one side of the room, and a small reading alcove on the other with a small balcony adjacent.

The adjoining bedroom has panoramic view of the Hudson from the GWB to the north to Battery Park to the south. There's a desk with a touchscreen PC and color laser printer for guest use in the bedroom. The attached bath is huge with a large soaking tub and adjacent walk-in waterfall shower.

The view from the living room is equally spectacular, and you can see Staten Island and the Statue of Liberty.

My wife and I canceled our dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant and invited our guests to dine with us in the suite. We certainly enjoyed our upgrade from the pre-paid $109 rate! Upon checkout, I confirmed with the front desk staff that 804 is their best suite. I certainly hope other FTers are able to enjoy a stay in that room!
Attached Images      

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 22, 2016 at 1:54 pm