FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Cincinnati Airport {US-KY}
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:26 pm
aww3583

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Staying here while flights get straightened out.

The property is under significant construction/renovation. No mention of it on the website.

I requested a king room, high floor, away from elevator. I got everything but the king. I have a "suite" with two double beds.

The hallway is covered in plastic and some other rooms in the hall have their doors propped open, covered in paint cloths, etc. I apparently have one of the "pre-renovation" rooms.

I turn on the sink and put a wash cloth under the water to wash my face. The water in the sink is yellowish, where the water flow hit the washcloth there is a brown spot, and their are flecks of debris in the sink. The front desk sends two engineers up and they say a contractor cut through the pipes down the hall and I just need to "let it run". Eventually the water cleared up.

Overall, pretty disappointing for the rates they're charging. The DoubleTree at the airport looks like a MUCH better option.

Edit to add: Dinner in the lobby bistro was pretty good. Service was a little goofy, but food was very solid.