FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vanilla Reloads!
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:01 pm
jan_believes

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by tymothy
Hmm, went to another CVS and got the same thing, saw an official disclaimer saying they wouldn't sell prepaid on credit card. The disclaimer was actually printed as part of the whole gift card kiosk, so it's not like a store manager put it up on a whim. Went back to the first cvs and it also had the same printed disclaimer:

"Acceptance of cash or credit card only for prepaid card purchases and acceptance of cash only for Prepaid Debit Card [sic] product purchases."

Anyone else see this or know a way around? Is this a new trend?
Yes, I saw this disclaimer statement at two CVS stores today.

First one, no CC allowed for VR. This is a unique store with a very strict manager. Not too surprised and I retreated.

Later, had contention with my DS and decided to go for ride to separate for awhile and thought I would check another store. At first, and I don't know why, but was turned down initially by the register. The young male cashier offered to try it again and the CC payment was accepted. For CVS this dude was really exceptional in his public interaction and willingness to serve. AND, I am not saying that just because of the VR. He was pleasant and willing. I don't see that much at CVS. Anyway....finally, success.

Last edited by jan_believes; Feb 7, 2014 at 12:00 am