FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: ORD / Chicago O'Hare International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:17 pm
B747forever

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Last year, I had a connection that was almost identical to yours. I-D, 1:40 connection at about mid-day in ORD. I am a US Citizen and have Global Entry.

I decided that was too close for my own comfort, so changed to another flight 2 hours later.

On the day of the flight, following an on-time arrival, I got through CBP quickly with my Global Entry, but noticed a long line of others in the normal line. I then got on the train and entered the terminal, where TSA security was fast due to my Pre-Check eligibility.

Once in the terminal, I looked at the Departures board and, out of curiosity, checked out my original flight. It was "Boarding". I could have made that flight, had I run through the terminal, but instead I found a nice comfy spot and read my book for a couple of hours.

Without Global Entry and TSA Pre-Check eligibility, there would have been no way to make that flight.
Thank you for replying. There is a flight about two hours later (3h layover), might be better to book on that one instead.