FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage (PQDs, PQMs, RDMs) earning when purchasing Chase Ultimate Reward UA tickets
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:14 pm
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I think this a great move. No problem with points plans bring used for travel, but they should not contribute to status over those using cash
Unfortunately, I think the same thing is possible when using these agencies to book the travel, but paying for them in ANY manner...points to make the booking, points to offset the balance on the card, or just paying in cash.

The issue is United not allowing bulk ticket purchases to accumulate PQD PLUS the agencies not readily disclosing the BULK designation during the purchase process.

If United really wants to exclude any BULK tickets from being used to garner status...fine. Stupid, but fine. Just be up-front with the intention and let everyone know about it. Maybe take one of the kagillion emails I get about irrelevant MileagePlus things and actually provide useful info to your members?

Last edited by goodeats21; Feb 3, 2014 at 12:15 pm Reason: added quote