FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Patagonia MLC
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:59 am
LordHamster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
So I've got a new Transport MLC 45 on order. I'm hoping that the width dimension will be 14 rather than 16 as like you pointed out, that would make no sense.

I chose this over the older design for 2 reasons.
1. It is available online in black (the other is hard to find in black)
2. This version includes a passthough on the back for roller bag handles. In case I decide to let it ride on my B&R U116 Wheeled tote.

We'll see how it is. I do love the way the laptop pocket on both versions of the MLC is arranged by the backpack straps, rather than in the middle of the bag like on a tri-star or Airboss.

Originally Posted by TravlnD
My favorite bag of all time is a Patagonia ELC ("Extended Legal Carryon"). It is like the original full-size MLC but a bit longer. I don't know why I bought that over the MLC (didn't know better back then?). I like the bag a lot but it is too long, particularly nowadays when GAs are much stricter.

Over the years wanted to buy an MLC but that bag has shrunk considerably -- definitely not 22x14x9 any longer but instead 20.5x12x7.

Well they recently introduced the Transport MLC (45L), which seems to be 22x[14]x9. [Edit: Found the specs. Is it really 16"? That doesn't make much sense.]

It is lightweight but also seems to be well organized and practical (multiple compartments, back straps, sleeve for computer, etc. )

Has anyone tried it? Looks great. Perhaps not as solidly constructed as my trusty ELC, maybe will better fit the sizers and should be lighter weight.