FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated]: Luggage Tracking Solutions (was: Trakdot to help you track your...)
Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:09 pm
PaperQueen

Programs: DL Plat, DL SkyClub, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, National Emerald Exec
Un-frigging-believable

Well, I finally got two Trakdot units returned. Notice I didn't say "my Trakdots" because---well---they weren't mine. They appear to be open box returns from someone else...one of which is even missing its serial number.

Here's the email going to Trakdot today:

- - - - - - -

Rashida,

As you recall, Trakdot's email to users explained that the software needed to be updated, and that our devices would be returned to us. From the September email Trakdot sent:

"...we want to apply this upgraded software to your device."

"We anticipate that the shipment and processing time to update your device will take about 6 weeks."

That email is attached, below.

My devices carried the following serial numbers:

Cxxxxxx
Cxxxxxx

The second of the two had not yet been activated.

Finally, eleven weeks (and several follow up emails from me) later, Trakdot shipped two units. One of the units I received has this serial number:

Dxxxxxx

The second unit has NO serial number whatsoever.

These, obviously, are not my original Trakdot units.

In spite of the fact these aren't my originals, they're not new either. In fact, both boxes had already been opened by someone else--the seals at the top and bottom of each box stating "This Product can not be returned for a refund if this seal is broken" were, in fact, broken. All four.

The "Warranty void if damaged" sticker inside one of the units was partially torn---the same unit from which the serial number has been removed.

This is completely and absolutely unacceptable.

Since, obviously, my original units are nowhere to be found, I expect to receive brand new replacement units, under full warranty, that have not already been opened and returned by someone else.

Both new units must have serial numbers--something you already know, since Trakdots can't be activated without them.

Please respond to confirm:

(a) You will be paying for the call tag to pick up these previously opened/used units

(b) Two brand new, unopened units will be overnighted to me immediately, in lieu of my missing Trakdots

- - - - - - -

I doubt a positive outcome, which is why I'm also reaching out to the credit card these were purchased on; time to see what kind of consumer protection is available.

Something tells me I'm going to need it.

:::urgh:::

Last edited by PaperQueen; Jan 30, 2014 at 8:13 am