FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do in London for one night/day?
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:41 pm
ajGoes

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by kmandrew
We land at 2 pm BA from Warsaw and leave at 10:30 am the next day on AA to NY. My wife watches Masterpiece Mystery and of course now wants to visit Oxford. I see the bus takes around 80 minutes and runs every half hour so I assume we wouldn't be able get to Oxford before 4:30; travelling in July so plenty of evening light. She said we could stay for around 75-100 pounds at Keble College and catch the 6:50 am back to Heathrow.

Does this seam feasable to those of you who live near there?
I don't know whether the journey makes sense, but I can tell you that Oxford is well worth visiting. I was lucky enough to spend three days at New College and would happily go back. In addition to the colleges, I can recommend the charming little Museum of the History of Science, where, among other exhibits, you can admire the original flask of pennicilin and a small chalkboard bearing an equation in Einstein's hand. Realistically though, you won't have time to do much in Oxford as the museums and colleges will be closing to visitors by the time you get there. I think an afternoon and evening in London would be more realistic.