FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post your receipt of your 1st EMV based transaction in the US
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:19 am
kebosabi

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Post your receipt of your 1st EMV based transaction in the US

In the light that the EMV transition is occuring in the US and that more EMV chip cards (PIN or Signature) are being issued in the US, one of the most often asked questions is "are there places in the US that accept EMV (yet)?"

tmiw has created a dedicated Google maps webpage to show where EMV has been proven to work here: http://emvacceptedhere.com/

Per his Post #4240 (from the main EMV thread), feel free for anyone to add any places with active EMV terminals if you come across one.

Furthermore, let's make this thread fun in which FTers (and any other fellow mileage/points junkie cardholders from other boards) can upload and post the receipt(s) of their first EMV based transaction in the US.

As a start, I will just copy-and-paste the exact same thing from Post #2705 from the main EMV thread

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As WhatWhatTech mentioned the two places nearby that has taken EMV, today marked the first EMV based (alas, Chip-and-Signature) transaction in the US for me.

Using the AndrewsFCU GlobeTrek card at the Artesia Produce Market

And the Chase Hyatt card at the Speedi Mart

And to lay to rest just in case someone could say "oh that could be any terminal in Canada,"

That's a zoomed out picture at the Speedi Mart showing California Lottery Scratchers (anyone residing in CA could verify this easily). And no, I didn't pay close to $25 just for Twinkies and cup cakes

Alas, as expected both AndrewsFCU and Chase Hyatt went through as Chip-and-Signature priority.

From the looks of it, both Artesia Market and Speedi Mart uses the First Data FD35 terminal as shown in the last page of the First Data brochure: https://www.firstdata.com/downloads/...e_Brochure.pdf

Last edited by kebosabi; May 12, 2014 at 4:45 pm