FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:28 am
aglasgow

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by Brugge
If the points don't come thru in time, you might want to consider canceling the awards and immediately reserving them again. I did that several times a few months ago. I wasn't sure if I wanted to book, and didn't want to end up paying the redeposit fee, so I would cancel, then re-reserve the award.

Although I was afraid that either Citi would not put award back into inventory, or someone would grab it out from under me, both times the award quickly reappeared and I simply reserved it for another 5 days.

Of course, YMMV....but trying that is way better than just giving up on getting the award.

It seemed to work faster if after canceling the award from the "my trips" page, go back to my trips and if you see the reservation still there, but reading canceled, click "remove". Then you should be able to go right back and reserve those awards again.

Best of Luck...
Thanks Brugge. The points transferred yesterday and we were able to keep our original booking request...good idea you have there, we'll remember that if we ever encounter this situation again! Wishing the rest of you the same luck!