FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)
Old Jan 1, 2014, 4:23 pm
hailstorm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SethLevy
I have used many and various corp rates at hyatt and other hotels all over the world. The vast majority of times, I am not asked about the rate (many times the agents cannot see the name of company or type of rate, or this informaiton has been taken out when they put opther notes into the record or pre-upgrade or block rooms). I also suspect most agents don't care, especially at many internaitonal Hyatts where they already have staff training issues. It is hard enough for them to find the reservaiton at times, let alone figure out if you qualify for it. When I have been asked, I inform them that I have business or meetings with the company or that a family member reserved the room for me. I proceed to hand them my passport and credit card and look away. I have never been quesitoned or asked for additional proof.

I do agree with others, if you don't aulify for the rate, if they really challenge you, you should be prepared to pay the full rate or go to another hotel.
That's a very long, roundabout way of saying "I don't know what they do at the Grand Hyatt Singapore."