FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileagePlus Premier Qualifying Dollar (PQD) Requirement Discussion Thread
Old Jan 1, 2014, 4:08 am
Phoenixtinct

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dsquared37
At the 11th hour (literally) I changed my primary address to my SE Asia residence. While all my data has reset to '0' I'm not seeing any PQD tracker so either 1) I never will or 2) it hasn't been rolled out yet.
Well, I just changed the addresses of my sisters' accounts today (January 1st) and the PQD requirement went away as soon as the primary address was changed to non-US. They are not Premier members and have no current reservations, so not sure if that made the switch immediate. Their accounts are set up for the occasional flight they take once in a while for mileage credit.

I changed over my account yesterday or the day before and the PQD requirement wasn't there when I logged in this morning. I'm not going to play around with it to see if it will show up again if I change my primary address. It will be interesting to find out if primary residence will be taken into account ONLY at time of qualification, I. e. meet a mileage or segment level and then, the system will check the address and see if PQD applies.

If people switch to US addresses later in the year and have already flight activity credited to their accounts, how will United go back and figure out their PQD amount after the fact? Is their software sophisticated enough to do that? Or maybe the fair thing to do will be to take into account the primary address on the account when the first flight posts for the year and use those requirements for subsequent flights for the remainder of 2014 regardless of a potential primary address change on the account.