FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I've Grown accustomed to your Nose - A RTW in F On OneWorld
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:46 am
Moomba

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Part 8 MH J KUL-SYD

KUL has a mixture of inbound and outbound passengers in the terminal building with security being done at the gate.

I was surprised to see that my flight would be leaving from the main terminal building and not the satellite. MH regional lounge is in the main building with the Golden international lounge over in the mid field terminal. I decided to catch the train over there and visit that lounge. Inside I was directed to the left as the F section is still being renovated. There was a separate seating area cordoned off for First and Enrich Platinum members. I asked the agent if that included other Emerald cardholders as well and he said it was fine for me to sit there.

The lounge was heaving and there were people all over and I was glad for the blocked off area. There was various different areas with food available and a barista bar where you could get a fresh coffee. Nice. I didn’t see any alcohol until I was on my way out and noticed there was a bar near the entrance.

I caught the transit back over to the main terminal and made my way down to the gate. Security was done at the gate and following this my BP was swiped and I joined the masses in the holding pen until the flight was called.

The boarding announcements were barely audible and I didn’t really understand what was being said. People started to board through business elites lane so I followed along.

Flight MH0123 KUL-SYD Seat 6K (Business)
Aircraft: B330-300
Departure time: 23:30

I was welcomed on board and directed to my seat. Newspapers were offered as well as orange, apple or guava juice or water. Amenity kits containing the usual goodies with Clarins branded product inside.

We pushed back at 23:40 and a flight time of 7 hours and 25 minutes was announced as we taxied out.
After the belt sign was out the crew were around to take menu orders; menus had been at the seat when we boarded.

Menu

A couple of days before the flight I got an email letting me know I could pre-order the main meal for the flight. There was a list of around 20 mains I could select from. The crew confirmed my choice of fillet mignon. A drinks trolley was rolled out next and I ordered the usual scotch and dry that was served with a packet of nuts.

Scotch & Nuts

Next up the crew laid a cloth on the table and rolled out the cart with the satay service. I had a choice of Chicken or Beef or a combo. I went with the latter.
The beef looks and tasted a little on the dry side but overall it was a tasty treat.

Chicken & Beef Satay

The prawn starter was served on the tray along with the fruit bowl. Bread was offered including some delicious garlic bread. The prawn and salmon were OK.

Salmon & Prawn Starter

Next up was my beef that was not overcooked but had that stewed not grilled taste to it. I declined any more food offered as I was stuffed.

Fillet Mignon Main Course

The crew closed out the meal service with a hot towel run and dimmed the cabin lights to let us all get some sleep. I had been playing with the IFE and was able to select a few CDs to add to my playlist. I set it on play and set the seat to bed mode. The seat was one of the sloped bed variety. It wasn’t the best bed I had ever slept on a plane on but I did managed to get some shuteye.

The lights came on 90 minutes before landing and the second meal service began as it ended with a hot towel. The second service was not breakfast, which I found odd as most airlines seem to like breakfast as s second meal regardless of what time it would be served. No alcohol was offered with the sandwich but plenty of offers of juice and water refills were made.

Refreshment Sandwich

Nice View

Nice View

After the meal it was time to get ready for landing and that we did at 10:48 local time. We taxied around the back of the international building and pulled up to the gate. The bridge pulled up to door 1 and the crewmember that had served me mostly thanked me by name. She had been doing so during most of the flight.

It was a short walk to immigration and the biometric facility worked a charm and I was through in minutes waiting for the bags. The belt started to move a short while later and my bag was fourth out of the depths. I then joined the fast track line and was directed straight out into the terminal building. It was 11:12 by the time I made my way down to the train into the city for a one nighter at the Westin.

Last edited by Moomba; Apr 16, 2014 at 8:08 am