FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:56 am
trojanman

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Now to figure out what's considered travel. I plan on using $300 or so at the hotel bar and for snacks around the pool. That bills out as Hilton so no problem.

Hopefully offsite airport parking is codes as travel also
Be cautious. Not all hotel-related charges are coded as hotels. Some hotels have separate merchant accounts in their F+B areas and those could very well be coded as restaurant instead of travel. When in doubt, I suggest you buy a hotel gift card at the front desk and redeem in the restaurant/bar. Of course if you are staying at the hotel just charge to your room.

Same thing with amusement parks like Disneyland. The hotel is rebatable, but not the theme park. As such, you should first buy Disney dollars at the hotel, then use those to redeem at the park. Or buy a package deal through the hotel, then everything is all good.

I have no experience with airport parking charges, but parking is not specifically enumerated in the definition of "travel" within the T&C's so I would not count on it.

Gas is definitely NOT considered travel.