FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:22 pm
sunshine213

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Welcome to Flyertalk! You may find more helpful info on other sites with more threads dedicated to building a credit history from scratch such as creditboards.com, as well as in this and other threads on building credit: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...edit-card.html . I suggest getting a lower-tier card such as the Chase Freedom as it sounds like she doesn't actually have a credit card of her own, then trying for a Citi personal card after 6 months or so of (small) use on the Freedom.
Hi KennyBSAT - thank you for the kind welcome! She does have her own Amex Gold card- or does that nor count as a credit card since it is a charge card?

Is there a way to get approved for this card without waiting? I was hoping to do that with points accumulating cards vs regular ones. I will get her the freedom, of course, for the long run. She will also get an auto loan very soon. Was hoping to not waste a hard pull.

Thanks for the advise.