FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Dec 29, 2013, 6:34 pm
KennyBSAT

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by sunshine213
Just applied for the business card for wife and was immediately denied. Called the automated recon line and the reason was "Too few satisfactory accounts." She recently emigrated to the US so she only has a credit history of 1 year and some months. She is an authorized user on my United ME card and has her own Amex Rewards Gold card, but that is it.

Called a live person and they said I needed to fax/mail her equifax report to the correspondence department. Before I do that, my question, is should I just try and call again, and keep repeating until someone approves her application or will I need to get her free Credit Report from Equifax, mail it, and then call again to see if they approve?

First post on flyertalk, please let me know if this is not the right place for this question.

Thanks much!
Welcome to Flyertalk! You may find more helpful info on other sites with more threads dedicated to building a credit history from scratch such as creditboards.com, as well as in this and other threads on building credit: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...edit-card.html . I suggest getting a lower-tier card such as the Chase Freedom as it sounds like she doesn't actually have a credit card of her own, then trying for a Citi personal card after 6 months or so of (small) use on the Freedom.