FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will delta honor a pricing glitch?
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:36 am
cre95

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by injera
Looking to go to the Caribbean in January and just priced up LGA->ATL->PUJ->ATL->JFK for $240 including first class on the NYC/ATL legs. Don't really love the idea of a layover on this short flight but for that bargain of a price of course i couldnt pass that up.

I checked back half an hour later and the price had jumped back up to a more realistic $475 in economy. I'm assuming that was an error that Delta fixed, however if I had booked the ticket would Delta have honored it? Or do they have the right to cancel a ticket like this?

I've heard of stories where an error put up flights for $1 or something equally rediculous and all tickets were subsequantly cancelled however as $240 is a semi-realistic fare (admittedly very very low) could a customer claim that they were taking advantage of a bargain fare rather than trying to game the system?

Thoughts?

Thanks
I noticed the price glitch as well on a flight to/out of LGA which priced at under $40 both in coach & first. My feeling is that these wouldn't be honored but you never know. I didn't book my ticket since this is a trip for work and wouldn't want to find myself with a canceled ticket as I head to the airport so I decided to wait for the glitch to work itself through the system.