FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Cebu Pacific Airlines safe?
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2013, 4:06 am
traveler18

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Just flew them last week - twice (the first and last time).
Awful check-in and boarding procedures. They strictly enforce weighting even a small hand luggage, causing delays while people shift items to check luggage, No bag seemed that large, bulky or excessive, but the low threshold created the situation. I checked in HANOI for a Manila flight. The flight is at 1:00 AM - they don't open the check in until 11 PM. So if you are early - be prepared to wait in this chaotic airport (yet better than MNL)

You can purchase priority seats for additional fees, most being at the front of the cabin and depending of whom you get looking at your boarding pass you may board when you approach the gate or be some of the last. If you are some of the last, there will be no room on the overhead compartment for the "light and small" suitcase they allowed. Again, only firmly confronting the attendants reveal that most of the front compartments are used by them for their purses and cases. Begrudgingly they move them and made space for a couple of passengers seated under the compartments.

Then on a 1 AM to 5A AM flight the push to try to sell food, drinks, toys, etc. starts, back and forth. At MNL, though there were only a few terminal 3 arrivals, they park at a gate, but bussed us nonetheless. Long immigration line as it arrived after another flight. Then long wait for luggage.

My luggage was damaged by them and I had a flight to catch - all I wanted is to document the damage and get a claim going. Not so easy - they want you to fill a feedback form for then to investigate if you will be allowed to qualify to be issued a complain form and refused to provide a formal complaint form, there is also no deadline for them to compllete the process.

Only after demanding a supervisor, and his supervisor (at first refused), did they provide the form and signed a receipt,. luckily I have video of their encounter and their insane replies. I doubt they will willingly accept the repair cost and some legal procedure will be needed in the US where the ticket was sold (if I can locate any assets here) or IN Manila where the service was rendered and the damage disxovered.

I would avoid this mickey mouse airline whenever possible. Happy to pay more and fly better. I then went to terminal 1 (quite a ride even on a private car) and checked in for my ongoing Cathay Pacific flight - back in the 1st world and with excellent service.

I have flown many other budget carriers, such as easy jet, southwest, virgin us, all are much better experiences than Cebu Pacific. While hopefully safe, I would nevertheless AVOID AVOID AVOID Cebu Pacific when possible.