FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Indigo acquires Frontier
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:15 pm
davywavy

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
DavyWavy notes that there is choice. Sadly, F9 was a GREAT choice for the last several years. Many of us are lamenting the fact that we will be left with several POOR choices to select from.
Fairly obviously, not enough people felt that way for the airline to make money.

The future is outside anyone's control. Yes, I assume the tv's are going, partly because it is old - and heavy and expensive - technology and partly because the take-up rate is so very low. It is fair to assume that the tv would have gone no matter what happened to Frontier.

I haven't heard that Stretch seating is going and - given that Sprit has a form of it - it seems like a leap to think it will. But - maybe, of course. Why not wait until - and if - it does?

Almost all - or even all - of the fees can be avoided by buying Classic Plus, which isn't expensive, so is it just the idea that someone else might be paying those fees that appalls people?

You say you have "poor choices" and I assume you mean out of DEN. That is scarcely Frontier's fault, given that Southwest blankets DEN (and forced Frontier off many routes), it's a hub for United and every legacy is represented there - and Spirit.

It is this continuous - and often angry - dumping on Frontier that confounds me. "Anger" is not a synonym for "lament."

Last edited by davywavy; Dec 10, 2013 at 12:30 pm Reason: clarity