FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turkey for Thanksgiving....with a side of Tajikistan, Serbia, Montenegro, and Moscow
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:46 am
ironmanjt

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Part II: Dushanbe, Tajikistan

Apologies for the brevity, but this post will be mostly photos. It's an attempt to in photos capture the nine days I spent in Tajikistan working - my 144th country visited.

Also, apologies for linking to my blog, but due to FlyerTalk photo limits, it's my only real option. Enjoy!

Full post on my blog at this link

So, I had a weekend in Dushanbe, and the good fortune to have a seasonably unusual heatwave....highs reached 22-24C which for late November was way above normal. .The one bad thing about the Hyatt as a hotel is location. .It's a good mile out of the edge of the main city, which means you're more or less trapped there in the evenings. .I'll get to the hotel a bit more later, but on Saturday I got up relatively early and ended up walking 14 miles all around Dushanbe. .It was a great day for walking, even though the sites...well not a ton to see. .I'm going to give the highlights, mainly in photo form:

Statue outside the national museum:

Entrance of the National Museum:

Another statue outside the National Museum:

Reflection of the National Museum in the lake:

The lake outside the National Museum:

Full post on my blog at this link