FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New: Snack and Fruit Basket Now on Transcon Flights (In Addition to Meals)
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:23 am
mikew99

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
This is actually a true "enhancement." As I stated in my OP, the snack baskets are in addition to the meals being served, nothing is really being cut. They make the snacks, including fresh fruit, available in the galley after the initial meal service just like they would on international flights. I find it to be a nice addition
I really hate to be cynical, but it's part of my nature.

I agree with Bttc that this is more worrisome then not. Yes, nothing is being cut -- yet -- but I have not-so-fond memories of my recent 2-to-3-hour US trips in F where nothing but a snack basket was offered.

If AA keeps the snack basket and the meals permanently, then it's an enhancement. But I think many of us are afraid that Parkerized AA will use the snack basket as an excuse to reduce the frequency of meal service, and this enhancement will become an "enhancement."