FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:09 pm
fanoftravel

IC Mark Hopkins San Francisco

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very satisfied.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked lowest free weekend certificate rate.
Upgraded to a beautiful one bedroom suite on a high floor.

How are the rooms?
Great suite, with separate living room/dining room area, bedroom separated by parlor doors with nice views from the living room and the bedroom.

How is the exec. lounge?
Very Good. Although I prefer the old lounge on the lobby level, they have made the new lounge, converted from a Penthouse Suite, work. The service in the lounge is always first rate and the views from the new lounge are fantastic!

Great selection of food for breakfast, including scrambled eggs and bacon. I do wish they could do better than the store bought, boxed tasting pastries though it's possible their price point won't allow.

The lounge did get crowded as we were finishing breakfast Saturday morning with people waiting for tables. My only real disappointment is that we, and many others, miss the amazing cappuccino/espresso machine that they were not able to move to the higher floor. The Keurig machine is a very poor substitute for the great variety of options possible with the old machine. The lounge attendants did say that they are hoping to get a better machine. Make sure to voice your concerns if you miss the old machine as well.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Chocolates (nice quality) and water - may have been fruit there too.

How was the minibar?
Believe it was the typical variety.

What was good and what was bad?
-Good
Great room, great views, wonderful lounge and top-notch staff.

-Bad
The new (maybe temporary) lounge is a bit small and is missing some of the very desirable features/offerings of the old lounge - the coffee machine being the big one for me.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Great value with free weekend certificate. The upgrade is wonderful, especially at the 2 for 1 price.

Would you return?
Yes, have stayed here several times and though I do like to stay at a few others (different location requirements, sometimes want a more modern updated property, etc.), I will come back to the IC Mark Hopkins and have recommended it to many friends and colleagues!